beauty box c/o Glossy Box
As a blogger, one of the platforms I founded my blog on was to share with my readers and social media followers some of the greatest products and merchandise on the market. I have never been a beauty buff (I typically leave the beauty search up to my husband whom is a self-proclaimed product lover), but just like any girl, I love finding and trying out new products, constantly in search of my happily ever after potions. Fast forward two years of motherhood, and I feel like I have failed you in my reviews. Just like so many other mamas out there, I either can never find the time to browse the beauty stores at leisure any longer, and needless to say even if I did have the time, the idea of doing so with a 2 1/2 year old wild little boy just sounds dreadful and daunting. As you can tell from my posts, I have stuck to mainly fashion posts recently. However, my goal for this year is to open my spectrum a little more and invite you in on a little more of my world. What is fashion if your skin is blotchy and your hair is a wreck, right?
So, what is a busy mom to do with minimal time and a craving for beauty? This mama’s answer: beauty boxes.
I have always loved getting mail deliveries, it feels like Christmas when I get home from a day at the office and see boxes sitting on my front porch. Typically the boxes I order include Q-tips and trash bags from Amazon Prime (ok, and maybe a book or two), and/or shoes from Nordstrom (do not tell my husband), but ordering beauty products online can be scary. This is why I love companies that do the scary part for you; they test and try out products, collect the best in the line, and box them up in pretty packaging and send them to you. Its one small fee, and you get a wonderful array of new products to try out for the month, some from companies you may have never previously given a try (or known of), and some products you would have never even realized you needed. This is why I was so excited when Glossy Box reached out to me. I thought it would be a great opportunity to try out some new products, and I also thought it would be fun to give beauty boxes a good try.
The items I received this month:
1. Perfect Formula – Pink Gel Coat – this was by far my favorite product in the entire box. I am a regular manicure gal, but when it comes to polishing my toes I get pretty antsy with people touching my feet, so I typically prefer to do my own pedicures. The problem with this is that the polish chips pretty quickly, and my nails tend to crack easily because I am in the water so much with Raj. I have been putting this coat under my polish, and I love that it looks pretty without any polish, but also that if I do paint a color over it, it has made my nails so much stronger. The polish I used over has stayed on longer and my nails seem to be growing nicely. I will continue use and see the long term results, but so far – this product is wonderful!
2. Schwarzkopf Bonacure Repair Rescue deep nourishing treatment – this is a deep nourishing mask for you hair. Rub it in and leave on for 10 minutes and wash out. It helps strengthen and repair damage (great for if you regularly curl or color your hair), and helps keep your hair shiny and top-notch. Just as you give your skin love, I am a firm believer in doing the same for your hair!
3. The Estee Edit Pink Peony Overnight Water Pack – once again, busy moms rejoice! A mask that you put on and never have to set a timer for or wash off a big gloppy mess with. This is an intense moisturizing mask that you put on before bed and sleep with overnight, waking up to brighter, soft skin in the morning. I can not tell you enough how much I live for masks I can leave on overnight, washing my face every night feels like a task in and of itself, and while I love the results of a great mask, I hate the hassle. This is great because it is hassle free and so far I have loved the results. My skin needed this moisture repair from all of the dry and wet weather of Winter!
4. Korres Modern Greek Apothecary Sunflower and Evening Primrose Eyeshadow – what if I told you that you could wear an eyeshadow that conditions your eyelids and brightens your look? You would be all over it, right? Well that is exactly what this shadow does. It is made with oils that condition your eye area and is free of harsh toxins. It smells divine (I mean, who knew that could make an impact), and I have started wearing it solo with just mascara and love the natural look it gives. It brightens my eyes just enough, but doesn’t look too over-done or white.
5. Jeanne Arthes L’eau de Rose – this is a Glossy Box exclusive item, and I love that about this box and what it has to offer. There is nothing more exciting than knowing you have something that isn’t sold to the masses, and that is what makes this gift box so special. The perfume smells so sophisticated and feminine, I love it for after an evening bath. I feel so glam going to bed smelling like I just came in from an evening in my rose garden… I think my husband is a fan as well!
What are your thoughts on beauty boxes? I would love to hear your feedback and would love to know if you have tried this subscription yourself. I have a few more new subscription boxes coming my way which I can not wait to share (one specifically for mom + baby which I can not wait to receive, and some more for beauty). Please feel free to leave a comment with your favorite boxes, I am always on the hunt for more to try!